Dr. Chandra started his career in 1989 from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi - the country’s premiere institute of learning, as DM Fellow and subsequently as a Faculty Member. Dr. Chandra was earlier associated with Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and prior to that with reputed hospitals such as Apollo and Narendra Mohan Heart Centre Trained at world’s top institutions in USA, Europe and Japan, Dr. Chandra is a regular participant in various international forums of Interventional Cardiology, including TCT (USA), Euro PCR (Europe) and Japan. Dr. Chandra has a landmark achievement of over 20000 Interventional procedures to his credit. Dr. Chandra is adept at handling Endovascular procedures, Adult Congenital Device Closures, Life Saving Device and Pacemaker Implantations, besides Complex Coronary Interventions.
- MD (Internal Medicine)
- DNB (Cardiology)
- DM (Cardiology), AIIMS
- United States Medical Licensing examination (USA)
- PDF (Brussels, Belgium)
Fellowships Workshops & Meetings Attended/ Participated
- Visiting fellow interventional cardiology, Rouen, France
- Fellow CRT course: Crossings Brussels, Belgium
- Fellow Carotid Interventions: Crossings, Brussels, Belgium
- Faculty at TCT, Euro-PCR,TCT-Asia Pacific, PCR-Asia Pacific and numerous international meetings
- On Advisory Panel - St. Jude Medical, CRM
- Presently working as a Chairman & HOD in Cardiology Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- Director & Senior Consultant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute,New Delhi
- Director - Narinder Mohan Heart Centre
- Senior Consultant - Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor of Cardiology - AIIMS, New Delhi
- Clinical Registrar- JN Medical College, Aligarh
- Coronary Interventions - Over 25, 000 Complex angioplasties, Rotablation
- Structural Heart Diseases - Mitral - Over 4000 including Emergency, pulmonary edema and pregnant patients. Pulmonary - over 200 congenital pulmonic stenosis opened with Polyethylene and INOUE balloon. Congenital and Rheumatic Young Aortic stenosis - Over 100 retrograde and antegrade technique using INOUE balloon. Adult Congenital Device Closure- 100 aprx.
- Endovascular Interventions - Renal, Carotid, Coarctations, Aortic and subclavian, Iliofemoral, popliteal angioplasties. IVC Filter placement, EVAR, TEVAR.
- Device Implantation - Permanent pacemaker Implantation - over 3000 including ventricular, atrial, dual chamber pacemakers, AICD, Biventricular pacemaker (Heart failure pacing) and Combo (CRT-D) devices.
Awards and Achievements
- Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award. Cardiological Society of India, 5th Annual Conference - 1989
- Col. K.L. Chopra Research Award, Cardiological Society of India, 9th Annual Conference - 1993
- Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award, Cardiological Society of India, 13th Annual Conference - 1997
- Member National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Cardiology Society of India
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC, Manchanda Sc. Crosswire for recanalization of total occlusive coronary arteries. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Nov; 45(3):323-7; discussion 328.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC, Manchanda Sc. Balloon aortic valvuloplasty in young adults by antegrade, transseptal approach using Inoue balloon. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Jul; 44(3):297-301.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S. Inoue balloon for dilatation of aortic stenosis. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Jun; 44(2):248.
- Wali JP, Biswas A, Chandra S, Malhotra A, Aggarwal P, Handa R. Wig N. Bahl VK. Cardiac involvement in Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever. Int J Cardiol. 1998 Mar13;64(1):31-6.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC. Combined mitral and aortic valvuloplasty by antegrade transseptal approach using Inoue balloon catheter. Inj J Cardiol. 1998 Feb 28;63(3): 313-5.